Re: New acquisition

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 14:37:16 EDT

At 3:56 PM +0100 6/11/01, Michael Everson wrote:
>Soon to appear in Michael Everson's Cool Biblipgraphy

Tempting, but I will forbear.

>of Typography and Scripts:
>
>Shaw, Bernard. 1962. Androcles & the Lion. Printed in the Shaw
>Alphabet with a parallel transription in traditional orthography.
>Public Trustee's Edition. Penguin Books.
>
>The Public Trustee's Edition was the free presentation copy sent out
>by C. R. Sopwith, the Public Trustee, in accordance to the terms of
>Shaw's will. My copy has a letter dated 1962-11-20 from C. R.
>Sopwith to the Lord Bledislow, to whom this copy was originally
>presented.
>
>Yum,
>--
>Michael Everson

I once had a copy, and learned to read Shavian haltingly, but that
was long, long, ago. I see that it is out of print, and that only a
few pages are available on the Internet. Who owns the copyright?

--

Edward Cherlin Generalist "A knot!" exclaimed Alice. "Oh, do let me help to undo it." Alice in Wonderland