RE: First of many newbie questions

From: B (11@onna.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 23:17:12 EDT

How can you put the set of bits meaning one character "in" the set of bits meaning another character? One must come first!

This game I was playing had "handwriting order". To input the first kana of my name "juuitchan", I had to type shi and then dakuten.

I don't have my book but with Unicode I put the dakuten and then the shi, right?

rarararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararararara

Like this:

With a brush: shi, THEN dakuten
With Unicode decomposed: dakuten, THEN shi
With Unicode composed: ji

Or your letter:

With a pen (NOT a brush! Romaji wrecks brushes; I've tried it): e, THEN circumflex
With Unicode decomposed: circumflex, THEN e
With Unicode composed: e with circumflex (there is an e with circumflex that is 1 character)

The point, Mr. Maheu, is that there are two ways to get what you want.

Unicoders, did I say it right?

$B!!!!$i$s$^(B $B!z$8$e$&$$$C$A$c$s!z(B
$B!<!<!<!<!<(B PTKA IZGT F SFNNGYGB ZRMSFTB WM
$B!!$"$^$s$1(B NFEGT FM MGYWPRMKA FM F SFNNGYGB IWOG
$B$M$1$"$:!!(B IWKK QGT FT IPQGT ZFXG GHRFK YWJZNM.