Re: UTF-17

From: Antoine Leca (Antoine.Leca@renault.fr)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 07:29:50 EDT

Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> > > UTF-17 will interoperate easily with UTF-64.

What is UTF-64?

[Markus]
> > At least it sorts binary in code point order.
>
> Yes, good point. Rick and I have added that to the Internet Draft
> for UTF-17.

Does it mean that there will be some UTF-17S, which will sort the same
as UTF-16 (the Only True Binary Order, according to some sources)?

I should add that I am too young to have played a lot with octal (so for
example I do not know "from the top of my head" ASCII codes in \ooo form),
but I did have to read some earlier C codes that did use \ooo, and your
proposal does look like a very big "revival" of this past time for me.
Thanks Ken for reminding me that I am getting older every day.

Antoine