Re: Playing with Unicode (was: Re: UTF-17)

From: Curtis Clark (jcclark@csupomona.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 20:36:20 EDT

At 10:13 AM 6/25/01, Otto Stolz wrote:
>Yet, I acknowledge the need to clearly mark humorous UTF propositions
>for the unsuspicious. Hence, I'd like to suggest to enclose their
>respective acronyms between \u202B and \u202C. This would be enough
>hinting on the skewed nature of such suggestions while still indicating
>their acronymic nature.

Don't you think it would be better to use a stateless notation? I suggest
using Plane 14 characters for the acronyms.

Biological Sciences Department             Voice: (909) 869-4062
California State Polytechnic University      FAX: (909) 869-4078
Pomona CA 91768-4032  USA                  jcclark@csupomona.edu