Re: New documents

From: David Starner (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 02:04:23 EDT

Writes Michael Everson <everson@indigo.ie>:
> Now available:
>
> N2366 Proposal to add five phonetic characters to the UCS
> by Richard S. Cook, Jr., and Michael Everson
> http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2366.pdf
>
> N2361 Revised proposal to encode the Osmanya script in the SMP of the
UCS
> http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2361.pdf

At least according to that archive, new ISO 10646 stuff has almost
completely
stopped coming in since the release of ISO 10646-2.

I'm curious why Shavian is up for standardization before Tengwar and Cirth.
They're
all constructed scripts by authors (or at least for authors) of the 20th
century, the only
big difference being that one was used for one book and the others have a
decent
body of users (not huge, but probably bigger than Cherokee.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org