Re: Terms "constructed script", "invented script" (was: FW: Re: Shavian)

From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk (qrczak@knm.org.pl)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 12:39:22 EDT

7 Jul 2001 11:01:18 GMT, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <qrczak@knm.org.pl> pisze:

> I put a sample at <http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/vi-001.gif>

Now I put a prettier version there: with variable line width, serifs,
and by a slightly improved sizing engine (enlargement of rounded parts
to make them look the same size as straight parts happens locally
instead of only at the top and bottom of a letter), and with all
dots looking exactly the same due to rounding coordinates of their
centers to whole pixels (or whole pixels and a half, in case of an
even dot size).

I still can't have serifs on ends of slanted lines, but they happen
only in ASCII shapes, not in my script, so I'm not sure that I want
them badly enough. Serifs are really triangles, so they look like
traditional serifs only in small pixel sizes like that one.

It would be nice to be able to draw it with TeX, but I don't know
TeX well enough. I will not reimplement the whole Metafont myself
either:-)

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/