Re: More about SCSU (was: Re: A UTF-8 based News Service)

From: Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk (qrczak@knm.org.pl)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 06:40:55 EDT

Fri, 13 Jul 2001 03:01:10 EDT, DougEwell2@cs.com <DougEwell2@cs.com> pisze:

> Unfortunately, you don't hear much about SCSU, and in particular
> the Unicode Consortium doesn't really seem to promote it much
> (although they may be trying to avoid the "too many UTF's" syndrome).

SCSU doesn't look very nice for me. The idea is OK but it's just
too complicated. Various proposals of encodings differences or xors
between consecutive characters are IMHO technically better: much
simpler to implement and work as well.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/