RE: Is there Unicode mail out there?

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 12:25:39 EDT

> From: DougEwell2@cs.com [mailto:DougEwell2@cs.com]

> In a message dated 2001-07-13 5:27:41 Pacific Daylight Time,
> 11@onna.com
> writes:
>
> > @š‚¶‚イ‚¢‚Á‚¿‚á‚ñš
> >
> > @Ž„‚͂낱‚¦‚ñ‚ç‚©‚ׂ³B
>
> Robert, please stop this. It doesn't seem to be UTF-8 (that
> is, I can't copy
> and paste it into UniPad or Windows 2000 Notepad and see anything

        It's ISO-2022-JP, if that helps.

> character, but simply posting an unreadable Japanese response to my
> English-language message makes no sense.

        Ever think that maybe that's why he does it? Anyway, here's a hint.
As someone who can read a little Japanese, I have never translated anything
in one of 11DB's messages that really mattered. Anything that he wants us
to see is put in English, so you can probably safely ignore the question
marks.

        On the other hand...

        Yo, 11DB, get with the program! Use UTF-8: where do ya think ya
are? The point is to confuse people, not frustrate them. ;-)

/|/|ike