Re: Japanese Word2000 question

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 20:39:34 EDT

Caveat: This will only be of interest to Japanese speakers, so you can hit
delete now if you're not interested.

TOYOSHIMA Masayuki pointed at:

> http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~lf4a-okjm/genkan61.htm

Oh! How interesting! Exactly what I needed.

The link to:
        http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~lf4a-okjm/genkan21.htm
(year of Showa 21 or 1946) explains the conventions between old and new
orthography devised to fix the problem of non-alignment between spelling and
pronunciation.

A very useful document, thank you! In particular, the point I was interested
in, having to do with "du", which was just pointed out by Mr Hiura:

    $B$?!6$7(B

(1)$BFs8l$NO"9g$K$h$C$F@8$8$?(B[$B$B(B]$B!"(B[$B$E(B]$B$O(B[$B$B(B]$B!"(B[$B$E(B]$B$H=q$/!#(B

(2)$BF12;$NO"8F$K$h$C$F@8$8$?(B[$B$B(B]$B!"(B[$B$E(B]$B$O!"(B[$B$B(B]$B!"(B[$B$E(B]$B$H=q$/!#(B

By the way, in the text at that URL (
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~lf4a-okjm/genkan21.htm), there was some kind of
moji-bake conversion problem in the middle, at the points "$BBhO;(B"
through "$BBh==Fs(B". Anyone have the correct text for these two points?
Is the file corrupted? I'm looking at it in IE 5.0.

        Rick