Re: Annotation characters

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 20:26:38 EDT

P. Andries wrote:

> I'm still interested by a definition of "in(-)line software"
> (http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr27/)". I know what inline code
> or processing could be but I can't quite understand the relationship
> with the inline software mentioned here and processing music text.

The sentence containing "inline software" should be re-written. I will
propose a re-write:

To the extent possible, more sophisticated software that renders musical
examples in-line with natural-language text might interpret them in their
actual format control capacity, rendering slurs, beams, and so forth as
appropriate.

        Rick