Re: converting Unicode text into Unicode codes

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 02:23:56 EDT

Doug Ewell wrote:

>You should clarify what you mean by "convert Unicode text into Unicode
>codes."

>If you already have Unicode text and wish to view the Unicode scalar
values
>of the text (e.g. you want to display "Hi" as "U+0048 U+0069"), somebody
>could probably whip up a quick Perl script to do this.

This request does need clarification. Most people by now probably know
that in Word 2002 you can press Alt-x and Word will convert the preceding
character to a 4-6 digit hex string. I have a Word add-in with various
macros, one of which will allow you to select a range of text and see the
corresponding string of hex-digit representations in a dialog. I've just
revised it so that you can then copy that string to the clipboard.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>