Re: An Azeri disk

From: Iman Saad (imansaad@aucegypt.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2001 - 01:54:56 EST

Hi,
the word written on the disk is "muhammad". That's the name of the prophet.
You read the first two letters correct . The third letter is a 'miim' (not
laam) followed by a 'daal'. I'm not an expert in calligraphy, but this
looks like the THULUTH font, and the yellow parts are decorations.
The way the name is written is very common on plates, disks, etc.. here, in
Egypt.
Regards,
Iman Saad
Arabic Language Institute