Re: Lao Unicode Text Test Pages

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 21:56:48 EST

Jungshik Shin wrote,

> It seems to me that the best way to get a real life example
> of Lao text is what Mark Leisher suggested, converting
> <http://www.laogate.com> from Lao Light font encoding to Unicode.

It was a good suggestion and that's what was done.

I took text from several of the pages at the Lao Gate site and made
a simple conversion to Unicode in order to get lengthy runs of Lao
text. I needed to see line breaks being handled and the display on
actual running text.

The data table for the conversion has been sent along to Mark Leisher
for possible inclusion to his CSets distribution.

Best regards,

James Kass.