Re: Plane One use, was Re: HTML Validation

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 21:09:47 EST

From: "Marc Durdin" <mcdurdin@tavultesoft.com>

> Keyboards as defined in the DDK return a table of keystroke to character
> pairs (I'm ignoring deadkeys and ligatures).

My suggestion here is to add surrogate pairs to the ligature table. After
all, what is a ligature in that table but multiple code points that are
entered via a single keystroke? While technically they were not really
thinking about supplementary characters, do you see any actual issue that
would block this from working?

(this is mostly a thought experiment but I really cannot think of anything
that would keep it from happening. <g>)

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc. -- http://www.trigeminal.com/