"Onna" (woman) kanji

From: juuichiketajin@ranmamail.com
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 04:10:19 EST

In that big long list of characters than have different glyphs in Chinese and Japanese, the character "onna" (woman) was listed as one of them. I will not name the codepoint because surely you know which one I mean. How is this?
Also, a couple of digits (I think 7 and 8) were listed as having different glyphs. This is probably trivial.
If anyone wants real world examples, I have RIGHT HERE a Love Hina manga. If we want to talk glyphs, let's not just talk computer fonts; let's also talk what we see.
Note: This is printed in Japan. If you talk glyphs from, like, CDs, those can be produced anywhere and therefore don't count.
Okay. Han digit eight (not its Unicode name). If you mean roof vs no roof, my printed-in-Japan manga has an 8 with the right-hand stroke starting off by forming a little "roof". (Look on page 190, as part of the number "112-8001".)
Woman. Considering the subject material of the manga, that should be no problem... The 3rd stroke passes through the exact top of the 2nd stroke, but I think that if I looked at another book I might see different...