Re: New plane 1 page for testing your browsers

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 00:36:40 EST

Martin,

Well, I think I was led down that path when the page was originally
UTF-8 encoded.
Along the way I came under the impression that IE would not display the
text properly when the page was labeled UTF-8, probably due to a problem
with its support for plane 1.

I found it handy to assign the Code 2001 font to user-defined, so that
it wasn't used for my other web pages pages by my browsers. I think this
was also before I started using CSS in the page and assigned the font to
the table cell.

I can play with changing it, if you feel its important.

Tex