Re: Question

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 00:54:06 EST

At 06:26 PM 1/15/02 -0800, Kenneth Whistler wrote:
> > Hello. I am looking for help with Unicode. I was recently told by my
> credit
> > card processing company that I need to Upgrade my site to unicode 3.2 in
> > order to get a perl script working.
>
>There has got to be a disconnect here somewhere. Unicode 3.2 hasn't
>been released yet, and won't be for another 2 months (approximately),

>And you don't *install* Unicode. It isn't software, but a
>standard that people write software to implement. So it is

Searching for Unicode 3.2 brings up some hits for other software whose
Version 3.2 supports the Unicode standard.

For example Caché (have no idea what it does), but version 3.2 release
notes note that it adds Unicode support.

http://www.e-dbms.com/downloads/documentation/cache32/docs/relnotes/relnotes
.html

I would not be surprised if you are looking for something other than
Version 3.2 of the Unicode Standard.

A./