Re: U+05C4

From: Patrick Andries (pandries@iti.qc.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 21:43:19 EST

Kenneth Whistler wrote:

>Patrick riposted (<== note the French contaminating my English)

I only reposted.

[Roman numerals being coded apart]

>TUS 3.0, p. 299: "Number form characters are encoded solely for
>compatibility with existing standards. The same considerations with
>respect to compatibility apply as noted in the discussion of
>letterlike symbols. ... The Roman numerals can be composed of
>sequences of the appropriate Latin letters."
>
>As Patrick knows, since he has translated the standard into French. :-)

Ok, ok. Sigh. Red face. Shame. Did mention 2180.. 2183 which can't be
decomposed though...

But yes, you are right : Hebrew letter-numerals would not need to be
encoded separately (in any case, we were speaking about the "numeral
upper dot" and it being deunified).

Patrick