Re: FAQs & Beer

From: $B$m!;!;!;!;(B $B$m!;!;!;(B (juuitchan@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 21:13:36 EST

>From: "Mark Davis" <mark.davis@jtcsv.com>
>To: <unicode@unicode.org>
>Subject: FAQs & Beer
>Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:15:31 -0800
>
>There are a couple of new additions to the CJK FAQ:
>http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/han_cjk.html
>
>and if you haven't looked at it lately, also on the Indic FAQ:
>http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/indic.html
>
>Also, there are a good many excellent answers to questions on this list.
I'd
>encourage those who wrote them (and we know who you are) to put them into
>Q/A format (plain text is fine), and submit them as per
>http://www.unicode.org/unicode/faq/.
>
>We also welcome review of the existing FAQ pages; there is a lot of
material
>there, but there is always room for improvement. There is even -- gasp! --
>mistake on one of the pages. I'll buy a beer in Dublin at the IUC for the
>person who finds the best mistake. (Note: this does not include buying
plane
>fare!)

You need an alternate prize in case someone can't drink for whatever
reason. Like for religious reasons.

And I have a feeling that that Irish beer can stun a horse.

NO. This is a bad idea. I do NOT need to get into any fights over the
correct stroke order of anything. If I go there, I might get into a bar
fight over the stroke order of a kanji. Or anything stupid like that. "No,
you #@$%&&%, IDEOGRAPHIC ZERO *is* a kanji! Who the @%#$ do you think you
are telling me that just because it's %%$^ round it's not a &&%^ kanji,
huh? Well, so what about radicals! Take your %$*& radicals and...........
so #@&^ what if you ARE from Japan? I once knew a guy from Japan who didn't
even know that the stroke order for...........Well, if that's how you feel
about it, then $B$*$l$N!;!;$r$?$Y$m(B..."you get the picture.

$B%$%s%?!<%M%C%H$r$V$i$V$i%7%g%C%T%s%0$9$k$J$i(BMSN $B%7%g%C%T%s%0$X(B
http://shopping.msn.co.jp/