Re: Standard Conventions and euro

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 09:23:59 EST

At 08:55 -0500 2002-03-01, James E. Agenbroad wrote:
> Friday, March 1, 2002
>Would I be correct in assuming that the Euro is also now the currency in
>non-European dependencies such as the Netherlands Antilles, French
>Polynesia, etc.? Apologies in advance if either of these is now
>independent.

The euro (not the Euro, James) will have replaced the French franc,
so for instance in Réunion, French Guyana, the French Southern
Territories, Guadaloupe, Martinique, Monaco, and St Pierre &
Miquelon, the euro will be used. French Polynesia uses the CFP franc,
XPF, which as far as I know is not identical to the FRF. Likewise the
Netherlands Antilles uses the Netherlands Antillian guilder, ANG,
which as far as I know is not identical to the NLG.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com