Re: [OT] Broken monetary settings in MS Works

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 11:27:14 EST

I had written:

Lars Kristan wrote:
> Of course if it was not that way and you would for some reason decide to use
> DEM instead of DM (or Lit. instead of L.), then you would complain about the
> design flaw because your old entries would not be updated.

Oh no, I was complaining that the entries have change, at all!
When I enter 17,00 DM I do not want to read 17,00 €, the other day.
The design flaw is that Works does not note the currency, but simply
inserts the current system-wide locale setting without even asking.

Same problem, most probably, when I would send my spreadsheet abroad:
suddenly, my 5 € will become 5 $, 5 £, 5 ¥, or whatever.

Of course, a function to update the old DM entries to equivalent € amounts
would come handy, but my previous note did not ask for it.

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz