RE: Devanagari variations

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 09:54:01 EST

>That behaviour, IMHO, is incorrect. There is no, and was never
>any kind of grapheme or even combining sequence break
>at that point, and there should never be a dotted circle
>displayed through that sequence of characters (a "show-
>individual-characters mode" should of course be excepted).

I agree. What I'm hoping to find out is whether developers of various
(whatever) software products can verify whether their code behave
correctly in this regard. This would likely be speaking to ICU, Java or
other implementations of Devanagari rendering, or Devanagari fonts (OT or
otherwise).

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>