Re: Who to make OTF

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 03:08:07 EST

At 19:48 3/7/2002, K S Rohilla wrote:

>Hi,
>all,
>I am font designer
>Pl. suggest me Who to make Open Type Fonts

Lots of people are making or trying to make OT fonts. The user community
for Microsoft's VOLT tool now numbers almost 2,500 people, many of them
Indic and Arabic developers. I'm not sure what percentage of these are
professional type designers and font developers. There seem to be a lot of
enthusiastic but not very experienced amateurs keen to increase the number
of fonts supporting their native scripts, but I'm afraid most of the
products I have seen are not very good.

What are you looking for? Someone to help you make an OT font? Someone to
make an OT font from your existing designs? If you are not already a member
of the VOLT community, you should join and ask your question there. There
are developers, both professional and amateur, working on Devanagari and
Bengali fonts, and probably on other Indian scripts. See
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/volt/default.htm for more
information.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

... es ist ein unwiederbringliches Bild der Vergangenheit,
das mit jeder Gegenwart zu verschwinden droht, die sich
nicht in ihm gemeint erkannte.

... every image of the past that is not recognized by the
present as one of its own concerns threatens to disappear
irretrievably.
                                               Walter Benjamin