Re: Private Use Agreements and Unapproved Characters

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 10:26:20 EST

At 08:58 -0500 2002-03-13, John Cowan wrote:
>Michael Everson scripsit:
>
>> Who's strongly against it?'re perfectly valid scripts. They
>
>I don't recall any names, but I definitely remember that some people
>feel it's trivializing Unicode, and a waste of resources that could
>be spent on Real World, if rarely used, scripts.

Well, I guess "some people" should look at who's doing the work. Yes,
I've worked on Pahawh Hmong and scores of other "Real World" scripts.
For my own part, Tengwar and Cirth have been a part of my world since
I was 14. As far as prioritizing though, well, I haven't been pushing
Tengwar and Cirth. I could if I wanted, since I'm the one paying the
piper. :-)

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com