Re: More Unicode Myths?

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 17:20:00 EST

Huh? Let me rephrase.

It is false that: I need a single font for all characters in a string in
order to display the string.

(Systems can use heirarchical fonts; programs, like IE, can use backup
fonts -- if a character is not in a font, the switch. In either case, to get
a string displayed all I need is the set of fonts, and the right mechanism
in the system or application.)

Mark