Re: Synthetic scripts (was: Re: Private Use Agreements and Unappr oved Characters)

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 15:35:39 EST

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 04:38:16AM +0900, Dan Kogai wrote:
> Only a couple of which is
> in JIS0208-1990, one of many charsets Unicode based upon.

And what about Unicode? JIS X0208 is merely a subset of Unicode. Have
you actually looked through Unified Han and Han Extension A and B?

> IMHO, Unicode Consotium should make these people happy before Tolkien
> fans and Trekkies.

Why? How does the happiness of Tolkein fans and Trekkies have anything
do with the happiness of those Japanese? Encoding characters is largely
a parellel process; whether or not Everson works on a Tengwar proposal
does not further nor retard more Han characters from entering Unicode,
and forcing it to be serial is just petty and non-productive.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.