Re: Synthetic scripts (was: Re: Private Use Agreements and Unapproved Characters)

From: William Overington (WOverington@ngo.globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 17:14:57 EST

Rick McGowan wrote:

[snip]

>I have several personal seals, and anyone can get a pesonal seal for a few
>bucks. The kindly gent at any local hanko shop would be delighted to carve
>anything under the sun.

Can you say more about personal seals please. What are they made of and how
are they used please?

Also, what does the word hanko mean please? I looked it up at
http://www.yahoo.com in the search and got various including a website about
papers and rubber stamps etc but the dictionary at Yahoo did not have the
work hanko.

William Overington