Re: Double-struck italic E for mathematics?

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Mar 24 2002 - 00:01:11 EST

Kenneth Whistler <kenw@sybase.com> wrote:

>>> Is there any double-struck italic E available for
>>> usage in mathematical formula?
>>
>> No. DOUBLE-STRUCK doesn't seem to be a style that combines with any
>> other style. ITALIC, on the other hand, combines with BOLD and/or
>> SANS-SERIF.
>
> Actually, if Stefan is asking about what I think he is, there
> is a small set of double-struck italic letterlike symbols added
> to Unicode 3.2, to match certain publishing usage that highlights
> a few common math symbols this way. The letter in question is:
>
> U+2147 DOUBLE-STRUCK ITALIC SMALL E

I was intentionally not looking in the 3.2 file, since the current
version is 3.1.1. (And in any case, Stefan already indicated that he
was looking for a capital E.)

But, since you brought up 3.2, this gives me an excuse to ask: When can
we expect the official release of 3.2? The beta page still only says
"due for release in March, 2002."

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California