Re: mnemonic input

From: Theo Veenker (Theo.Veenker@let.uu.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 12:05:57 EST

Marco Cimarosti wrote:

> Ooops!
>
> Of course, I was replying to a different question: "Does it make sense to
> use mnemonics for ideographic scripts?"

I hadn't even noticed you quoted the wrong question, but I understood
it anyway. Wat I meant was; I can use mnemonic characters in a plain
ASCII text file (instead of or in addition to writing \uxxxx), but
could I also include Japanese this way (assuming a knew any Japanese),
without using an input method to compose the characters? From RCF-1345
referred to by Keld Simonsen I see I can (as least for most BMP stuff).

Many thanks for the information.

Regards,
Theo