Re: Of cuneiform tablets and computer encoding (derives from Re: Towards a class

From: $B$m!;!;!;!;(B $B$m!;!;!;(B (juuitchan@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 23:46:07 EDT

.

>I am thinking of including in this encoding system facilities for
expressing
>rotations in quaternion format. This could potentially be very useful so
as
>to use quaternions to express the position and orientation of the stylus
>used for making the wedge shaped depressions in the clay tablet.

Quaternions. What on earth do you mean by using quaternions?

Is it just me, or would that be like using some kind of higher math to
describe how to write Han characters with a brush?

$B==0l$A$c$s!!!!??$N0&$OL5M}$J;v$@$+$7$i(B

$B%G%8%+%a$G;#$C$?<L??$b<+M3<+:_$KJT=8(B MSN $B%U%)%H(B $B%"%k%P%`(B
http://photos.msn.co.jp/