Re: from 4 to null (was: 3 big bidi bugs)

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 18:21:10 EDT

There are a Java and a C++ reference implementation linked from the Bidi TR.

The Java one is straightforward (and slow), written so that you can read each rule in the TR and see in the source that it works as specified.
The C++ code is verified to produce the same results as the Java code.

ICU's Bidi implementation is faster than either and also verified to produce the same results.
(Doug Felt tested that after I wrote the implementation. He had also contributed to the Java reference.)

markus