Re: Chess symbols, ZWJ, Opentype and holly type ornaments.

From: starner@okstate.edu
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 15:35:06 EDT

>In fairness we should note that formal existing proposals seldom
>mention input method. Code points need to be assigned before
>input methods can be made.

But that's only true when there's no question of how those characters
were already being input into Unicode. Anything that's already being
used with Unicode - CYRILLIC (LATIN) SMALL LETTER Q, a new apostrophe-
like character - bring worries about how you're going to get people to
stop hitting the <'> key or the <q> key and get them to use a new key.