Re: hash, pound, octothorpe?

From: John Colby (john.colby@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 17:11:21 EDT

What I really like about this article is the alternative of splat -
especially when applied to C# programming - C Splat??

John

At 21:51 04/07/02 +0100, Michael Everson wrote:

>Readers of this list may be amused by the article on character
>terminology: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/26042.html
>
>I am given to understand that the origin of this sign (and the explanation
>for its sometimes being called a "pound sign" is as a ligature of "lb";
>see U+2114 in the current (not 3.0) glyph charts.
>--
>Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com

John and Sandy Colby
http://www.colbyweb.co.uk
Geevor Mine http://www.geevor.com

No electrons were harmed in the creation, transmission or reading of this
email. However, many were excited and some may well have enjoyed the experience.