Re: Unicode Devanagari Font in Mozilla

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 14:04:52 EDT

At 07:43 AM 16-07-02, James Kass wrote:

>Uniscribe is a windows application and Microsoft tests it. Both
>Microsoft and Apple provide tools to font developers which validate
>fonts. TTF/OTF fonts have a rigid structure, if a font passes either
>Microsoft's or Apple's font validators yet a system crashes, it's the
>system that's got the problem.

To be fair to the poor system engineers, the current font validation tools
from MS and Apple are not exhaustive in their testing and also include
suppositions based on pre-OT manufacturing practicesd. Microsoft are
developing new validation tools.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

Language must belong to the Other -- to my linguistic community
as a whole -- before it can belong to me, so that the self comes to its
unique articulation in a medium which is always at some level
indifferent to it. - Terry Eagleton