Re: Hebrew support in Office.X

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 13:22:45 EDT

On 08/05/2002 11:12:10 AM Bertrand Laidain wrote:

>>>There's a serie of article about that in The Register site...
>>This is some of the raw data that is part of the current confusion on
that
>>other list that is in need of sorting out. I'd like to hear a response on
>>this list from someone at apple.com or microsoft.com.
>
>But in that confusion there is a letter from the Head of the Macintosh
>division at Microsoft ???

I really did not intend to bring the same discussion that has taken place
on the Hebrew computing list onto the Unicode list. My only intent was
hopefully to get answers from the definitive sources, Apple and Microsoft,
as it is the interaction of their products that is in question.

>PS No te'amim except for a SIL font, which was working with Quickdraw GX,
>but the encoding was not standard ! What do you think of an Unicode
>(maybe Opentype) version of that font ?

AAT and OT versions of Ezra are being worked on.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>