Re: Scripts in Unicode 4.0

From: Lars Marius Garshol (larsga@garshol.priv.no)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 08:41:09 EDT

* Roozbeh Pournader

| Is anyone collecting notes to write that "Every Character Has a
| Story" book some time? It's a good case for such a research! ;)

I'm collecting these stories as they appear on the list. I've got them
stored in an XML document so that I have the necessary structure to
use the information. They are hard to come by, however, so the file is
currently not very big.

My plan (somewhat long-term) is to extend the scripts and languages
web site[1] with all the information in the Unicode character database
about all Unicode characters (plus other information such as these
character stories).

Since I'm using topic maps integrating all this information is dead
easy; the only difficulty is really to find the time to work on the
thing.

[1] <URL: http://www.ontopia.net/i18n/index.jsp >