RE: glyph selection for Unicode in browsers

From: jarkko.hietaniemi@nokia.com
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 17:01:36 EDT

    *sigh* Time for me to call it the day and go home, it seems. Opera 6.05/Win32
    does *not* get it right if you have it on View -> Encoding -> Automatic detection.

    Why I was fooled in the below message was that the Encoding setting seems to
    stick even if I exit and restart Opera, that's why my test page seemed to be
    working. If I turn it back to autodetect, it doesn't autodetect the UTF-8-ness.

    (If nothing else this bumbling saga of mine illustrates how difficult it still
    is to get all this "just to work".)