Composition chart

From: Mark Davis (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 23:55:52 EDT

    Apropos the discussion on combining sequences:

    I had needed a quick reference for (canonical) composite characters,
    and
    written a quick chart (well, actually, a quick program for generating
    one).
    In case anyone is interested I posted it on:

    http://www.macchiato.com/unicode/composition_chart.html

    I found it a reasonably compact way to reference all composites,
    including
    the ones that are excluded from NFC. The presentation is not very
    polished,
    but tool-tips are enabled with character names. Red means 'excluded
    from
    composition'. The rest of the structure should be more or less clear.

    Curiously enough, it seems to expose a bug in Arial Unicode MS: the
    character U+1E4B gets a funny glyph. (This is on the AUMS from Office
    2000;
    I have Office XP but haven't yet gone through the process of
    installing it
    yet, so it may be fixed there.)

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com