Re: Origin of the term i18n

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 15:20:41 EDT

    > Mark, I am curious why you find this term so distasteful? Is it the
    algorithm itself or just a general objection to acronyms and the like? Or
    something else entirely?

    I find this particular way of forming abbreviations particularly ugly and
    obscure. It is also usually unnecessary; looking at any of the messages
    brought up by Google, the percentage of 'saved' keystrokes is a very small
    proportion of the total count. And when it leaks out into the general
    programmer community, it just looks odd.

    For me, it is on the same order as using "nite" for "night", or "cpy" for
    "copy".

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄