XML Suitable (was: Meeting minutes for UTC 92 in August)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 2002 - 02:56:46 EDT

    From the UTC 92 / L2 189 minutes:

    > August 23, 2002
    >
    > Unicode Technical Reports - Compression
    >
    > [92-C23] Consensus: Add a definition of "XML Suitable" and a
    > recommendation that SCSU encoders should be "XML Suitable".
    > [L2/02-262]
    >
    > [92-A46] Action Item for Markus Scherer, Editorial Committee:
    > Post a proposed update to Unicode Technical Standard #6 A
    > Standard Compression Scheme for Unicode, adding the update on
    > "XML Suitable". [L2/02-262]

    OK, so what the heck does "XML Suitable" mean? How can I determine
    whether my SCSU encoder is "XML Suitable," or fix it so it will be?
    (Yes, I do know what XML is.)

    I don't need the lawyer-final wording just yet, but I would like some
    rough idea what this new recommendation is.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California