Re: Character identities

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 21:29:47 EST

    I'm pretty much in agreement with what you say, except the following:

    > Of course, the term "Unicode font" is also often used to mean "a font
    > that covers all, or nearly all, of Unicode."

    I would consider a Unicode font to be one that met your other conditions,
    aside from the repertoire. If I had a font that covered Latin, Greek and
    Cyrillic and worked with Unicode strings, for example, I would still
    consider that a Unicode font. I just wouldn't consider it a (pick your
    adjective) full / complete Unicode font.

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄