Re: http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~ekeown/hebrewp.pdf

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 18:34:26 EST

    ekeown@student.umass.edu scripsit:

    > Small Hebrew (Neo-Aramaic, Judeo-Tat, etc.)
    > proposal ready for comments at given URL.
    >
    > Not finished, first viewing--Elaine

    First cut:

    HEBREW ACCENT COMBINING VERTICAL LINE: probably OK
    HEBREW ACCENT ZINNORIT: probably OK
    HEBREW ACCENT MAYELA: probably OK (names can't have "'" in them)
    HEBREW MARK LOWER DOT: not needed, use generic U+0323 COMBINING DOT BELOW
    HEBREW MARK COMMON KETIV QERE: probably OK, can't use /, why SYMBOL?
    HEBREW MARK CAIRO KETIV QERE: name problematic, only a font difference from above?
    HEBREW LETTER REVERSED NUN: probably OK
    HEBREW VERSE ENDING MARK: should not be encoded, use higher-level protocol
    HEBREW COLUMN ENDING MARK: should not be encoded, use higher-level protocol
    left-displaced acute, lacks a name: probably OK
    diaeresis, lacks a name: not needed, use generic U+0308 COMBINING DIAERESIS
    HEBREW LIGATURE ALEPH YOD: should not be encoded, no new ligatures
    HEBREW LIGATURE ALEPH YOD YOD: ditto
    HEBREW LIGATURE LAMED YOD: ditto
    HEBREW LIGATURE NUN YOD: ditto
    HEBREW LIGATURE ALEPH VAV: ditto
    HEBREW LIGATURE VAV ALEPH: ditto
    HEBREW LIGATURE VAV VAV YOD: ditto
    HEBREW LIGATURE GIMEL YOD: ditto

    That leaves 6 possibles.

    --
    With techies, I've generally found              John Cowan
    If your arguments lose the first round          http://www.reutershealth.com