Re: ct, fj and blackletter ligatures

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 08:59:47 EST

    Thomas Lotze scripsit:

    > the alphabetic presentation forms starting at UFB00 contain a number of
    > ligatures for latin scripts, among them the more common ones like fi and
    > fl, but also rather exotic ones like st.

    Those exist basically for compatibility and round-tripping with non-Unicode
    character sets. Their use is discouraged. No more will be encoded.

    (FAQkeeper, this or something like it should go in the Unicode FAQ.
    The ligature_digraph page doesn't really address the question directly.)

    --
    My corporate data's a mess!                     John Cowan
    It's all semi-structured, no less.              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan