Re: ct, fj and blackletter ligatures

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 07:34:22 EST

    On 11/02/2002 10:06:53 AM jameskass wrote:

    >Many "Unicoders" regard the PUA as some kind of a "Phantom Zone"
    >into which all of the "bad glyphs" are banished forever, never
    >to again be mentioned in "polite society".

    That's not how I would characterise the situation at all. It's that
    they're tired of repeated suggestions by certain individuals either to use
    the PUA for things that are not appropriate for character encoding at all
    in the first place, or to encourage widespread agreement on private-use
    assignments, or more likely both.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485
    E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>