Re: Special characters

From: Lukas Pietsch (lukas.pietsch@pluto.uni-freiburg.de)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 08:45:09 EST

    > Could someone tell me whether it is possible to produce
    > the following characters please?

    Sure:

    k with a small line underneath
    ḵ ḵ LATIN SMALL LETTER K WITH LINE BELOW
    or: ḵḵ

    K with a small line underneath
    Ḵ Ḵ LATIN CAPITAL LETTER K WITH LINE BELOW
    or: ḴḴ

    H with a dot underneath
    Ḥ Ḥ LATIN CAPITAL LETTER H WITH DOT BELOW
    or: ḤḤ

    h with a dot underneath
    ḥ ḥ LATIN SMALL LETTER H WITH DOT BELOW
    or: ḥḥ

    B with a small line underneath
    Ḇ Ḇ LATIN CAPITAL LETTER B WITH LINE BELOW
    or: ḆḆ

    b with a small line underneath
    ḇ ḇ LATIN SMALL LETTER B WITH LINE BELOW
    or: ḇ ḇ

    D with a small line underneath
    Ḏ Ḏ LATIN CAPITAL LETTER D WITH LINE BELOW
    or: ḎḎ

    d with a small line underneath
    ḏ ḏ LATIN SMALL LETTER D WITH LINE BELOW
    or: ḏḏ

    G with a line on top
    Ḡ Ḡ LATIN CAPITAL LETTER G WITH MACRON
    or: ḠḠ

    g with a line on top
    ḡ LATIN SMALL LETTER G WITH MACRON
    or: ḡḡ

    E with an upside down ^ on top
    Ě Ě LATIN CAPITAL LETTER E WITH CARON*

    e with an upside down ^ on top
    ě ě LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH CARON*

    Mirror image of a comma, but not at the bottom - should be higher, like
    an '
    ʽ ʽ MODIFIER LETTER REVERSED COMMA (use as a letter);
    or: ‛ ‛ SINGLE HIGH-REVERSED-9 QUOTATION MARK* (use as a
    punctuation mark);

    The codes marked &#x... are the hexadecimal Unicode values, those marked
    &#... are the decimal ones. You can use them in this form in html pages.
    You will need a 'large' Unicode font for most of these - only the ones
    marked with an * are found, for instance, in standard Windows Unicode
    fonts such as Times New Roman. I suggest Gentium
    (http://www.sil.org/~gaultney/gentium). The combining characters U+0304,
    U+0331 and U+0323 are also in Lucida Sans Unicode and some other fonts.

    Hope this helps,

    Lukas