RE: ct, fj and blackletter ligatures

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 14:06:31 EST

    Kent Karlsson wrote:
    > (Subword boundaries are likely hyphenation
    > points, whereas occurrences of ff, fi etc. elsewhere are
    > unlikely hyphenation points.)

    I am sorry to always contradict you but, in Italian, there always is an
    hyphenation point between two identical consonant letters. Nevertheless,
    Italian typography traditionally requires the "ff", "ffi" and "ffl"
    ligatures.

    BTW, this leads me to a horrible thought: would a shy hyphen between the two
    f's prevent the formation of the "ff" ligature? In this is the case, fonts

    _ Marco