Re: Speaking of Plane 1 characters...

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 16:31:29 EST

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > Perhaps it is just me, but terms like scalar value just don't mean
    > anything to me. It rather reminds me of reptilian skin shedding.

    The scale in question is analogous to a temperature scale, not a
    reptilian one.

    > I visited MichKa's page and tried typing in 10312 (OLD ITALIC LETTER
    > KU) and it did convert to a surrogate pair. I wonder what would
    > happen if I pasted it into an HTML document. Hmm but I couldn't do
    > that until I converted them to UTF-8....

    The Right Thing in HTML terms is to say #&x10312; and *not* use the
    surrogate pair representation.

    --
    Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.  Deshil Holles eamus.
    Send us, bright one, light one, Horhorn, quickening, and wombfruit. (3x)