Re: Fwd: RE: Common XML Locale Announcement

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 15:23:43 EST

    A couple of items.

    1. There is a newsgroup at news://base.freestandards.org/, on
    fsg.open18n.locale.user. Feedback and questions can be directed there. If
    you forward the notice on the common XML locale data, please direct people's
    attention there.

    2. I also got a question regarding CVS:

    Q. On http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/locale/ the link to comparison charts
    goes to CVS, and viewing elements does not seem to give tables comparing
    different platforms' locale data... am I missing something or are charts not
    jup yet? Thanks, Joseph

    A. On the page http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/locale/all_diff_xml/,
    each
    of the files in CVS is a comparison for a given locale.

    For example, to compare the data for different locales for Spanish-Spain,
    open the link at es_ES.html. At the top you will see a link for "download".
    You can click directly on that, or right-click and open in a new window. The
    latter gives you a regular browser window (with resize). The chart is
    explained on
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/locale/all_diff_xml/readme.ht
    ml.
    (Note: the charts are slightly out of date; they will be updated soon.)