Re: The result of the plane 14 tag characters review.

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 16:16:57 EST

    William Overington asked:

    > As the Unicode Consortium invited public comments on the possible
    > deprecation of plane 14 tag characters, will the Unicode Consortium be
    > making a prompt public statement of the result of the review as soon as the
    > present meeting of the Unicode Technical Committee is completed, or even
    > earlier if the decision of the Unicode Technical Committee has already been
    > finalized?

    *the Unicode Consortium spokesman steps up to the press conference podium*

    *the press surges forward eagerly*

    *flashbulbs start to pop*

    Ahem...

    The Unicode Technical Committee would like to announce that no
    formal decision has been taken regarding the deprecation of
    Plane 14 language tag characters. The period for public review of
    this issue will be extended until February 14, 2003.

    *hands are waved vigorously*

    *microphones are shoved forward with loud questions*

    I'm sorry... No..., No..., I have no further response at this time.

    *the Unicode Consortium spokesman retires hurriedly, followed closely
      by two burly bodyguards*