Re: The result of the Plane 14 tag characters review

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 18:25:26 EST

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > >These is completely comparable to the fact that my local
    > >English-language newspaper doesn't need a German language tag
    > >to write Gerhard Schroeder.
    >
    > No, but it might requires an editor clever enough to write Schröder. :-)

    It will get mangled if he does: most newspapers historically didn't have
    sorts for characters with diaeresis (don't pester me about "cooperate", please)
    and wire services could not transmit them.

    --
    What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
    sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     jcowan@reutershealth.com